Saturday, June 12, 2010

How to turn your Laptop into HDTV



Some days ago, I was staying with my friend. It was a strange area. There was no Internet connection and TV. I have a Laptop with me, and there is a HD broadcasting too. I thought of combining these two available factors. I cannot do that at that time but after returning I studied how HDTV can be realized in my Laptop. I am writing in this article about how to turn Laptop into HDTV.

Now, almost all laptops in the market have active-matrix display. So the difference in picture quality between Laptop and Desktop reduced significantly.


Do u know what is HD programming?

High-definition programming is a technique which allows you to watch movies and TV. If you get a chance to watch HD movie, you will no longer like other standard broadcasts. It is easy to establish a HD tuner in your PC. You can set the available PCI card in the motherboard itself. This is not the case of Laptop.

How to use HD in Laptop?

We can use the USB 2.0 technique for that purpose. USB 2.0 is present in almost all laptops. You can also record the HD video and watch at a later time. This is termed as digital video recording or Tivo-ing.

You can use OnAir GT

OnAir GT is an ash-tray sized HD tuner which can be connected to the laptop directly. OnAir GT makes use of two recent developments.

1. All modern laptops come with HD supporting monitors.

2. Air is getting filled with HDTV signals.

For enabling OnAir GT on my laptop, I downloaded software for supporting the device. Then i connected my HD device to USB 2.0. I was able to watch more than 15 stations. This number depends on the availability of signals and varies from place to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment