Monday, June 14, 2010

Laptop overheating has a simple Trick


Two years ago One of my friend complained me that his new laptop shut down frequently. I laughed at him and criticized his selection. After some days, he said that overheating was the villain. I do not take this matter seriously until my own laptop showed similar symptoms. The lower part where cooling system was located was unusually hot. The system was  working.

Overheating is a severe problem seen in some of the laptops. It is a widespread problem. Since i was a beginner, I was entirely unknown about its solution. So I consulted a salesman of a reputed laptop showroom. He recommended me a device called adjuncts. These are platforms for the placement of laptop. The cost ranges from $40 to $200.

At first I thought that this device will be a waste and why cant I use ice packs? After some time, I have to change my thought.

Some of the tips I found include,

1. Cleaning Fan and vents


By cleaning fan and vents, more fresh air will flow into the system. This can reduce heat. Many of you will think that it will be a useless exercise. I also thought like this. The result  changed my thought.

2. Elevate laptop slightly


You cam minimize overheat by slightly elevating laptop, so that air flow is not blocked.

3. Ergo Fan Riser


It is a desktop stand having a built in fan. It has about 10 positions to adjust the height. The bottom will get proper cooling area by this method.

4. Almico Speed Fan Utility




These are specially designed softwares to analyse the processing and production of heat. This software prevents the cause of heat or increase speed of the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment